- I’m afraid of being good at something. Because then I’ll be expected to be good at it.
- I have nothing going for me. Except for writing. And making eggs. I make some mean scrabbled eggs.
- I realized I’ve never been truly happy.
- Elementary school-If I wasn’t focused on my dad not calling me, I was focused on my mom not being happy with whatever guy she was with.
- Middle school-Being depressed and wondering if people cared if I was gone or not. True story. Also, Mom getting sick and weighing 90 pounds and wondering if she was going to live. Oh, and my dad not calling.
- High school (Michigan)-Mom still being sick, and the guy that was around was making her that way.
- High school (Virginia)-Mom and I living with someone who never wanted us around (Grandma). And the high school thinking I’m dumb. True story.
- College-Well, you all know what’s going on with that. But when I first got here, I never wanted to go to college, so there’s that and the fact that the person I came here for bailed on me.
- God I hate it here. But God, I know You want me to be here.
- God I’m so unhappy. It’s hard being unhappy because I thought I wasn’t supposed to live this way. I’m not supposed to be suffering!
- I yell at God because it’s easy, and I know He’ll love the same as He did before I started yelling at Him. Plus it makes me feel better in the end.
- I may seem like I’m jealous of people’s happiness. But I’m not. I’m happy for them. I’m just mad that I’m not happy.
- I need to sit down and edit my novel.
- I need to sit down and write something.
- I need to just be freaking happy, gosh darn it.